Merry Berry Balance
Holiday season can be a stressful time, whilst rich food and festive tipple may collectively overwhelm the skin and throw it out of balance. Breakouts, puffy skin and oily patches are not uncommon, whilst body tends to show inflammations and dryness.
Try adding a few drops of antioxidants and vitamins packed, Merry-Berry Plump to nourish, comfort, protect and rebalance skin; applied on face and body it will help all skin types - from oily to dehydrated. Just dab over slightly damp skin after shower / face wash, or add to your lotion to plump up and smooth the skin.
Inspired by our berrylicious oil, we asked our brand ambassadors and wellness gurus, Alice and Emily from the Rose Retreats to recommend their favourite treat to help balance seasonal and cycle hormones and give body the comforting boost it needs to get us through this festive season, and beyond.
We love this easy - any time of day - snack that also pairs with a cosy cup of tea beautifully.
HORMONE BALANCING BLISS BALLS
Seed cycling is a technique that can support your body to naturally re-balance its hormone levels.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Pumpkin and flaxseeds or sesame seeds and sunflower seeds
• Vanilla extract, coconut oil, coconut flakes, medjool dates, cacao powder, sea salt
• 1tsp freeze dried blueberry or strawberry powder.
What seeds to use when:
• Days 1 – 14 (Follicular Phase) of your cycle or on a new moon if you have no cycle – Use pumpkin and flaxseeds
• Days 15 – 28 (Luteal Phase) of your cycle or moon cycle - Use sesame seeds and sunflower seeds
• 1/2 cup (6.5 tbsps.) of pumpkin seeds or sesame
• 1/2 cup (6.5tbsps) of flaxseeds or sunflower
• 6 dates
• 1 tbsps. of cranberries
• 1.5/2 tbsps. of cacao
• 1.5/2 tbsps. of shredded coconut
• 3 tbsps. of organic extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
• 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1 pinch of sea salt
• Any extras
• Add seeds to a food processor
• Melt coconut oil on a low heat in a pan
• Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and mix until smooth. If adding additional powders, you may need to add a dash of water to maintain a thick gooey consistency
• Roll into balls and sprinkle extra coconut and cocao powder
• Pop in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours before eating.
Will store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
• Serving Size: 1 to 2 balls