Time to bear all
When it comes to prepping the exposed skin areas, whether you shave often or occasionally, you may find inflammations, dotty “strawberry skin” and redness can occur, leading to discomfort or itchy rashes that last for hours or even days.
Still, summer schedules and effective skincare can be natural bedfellows with this streamlined pre and post shave routine that boasts smooth hair-free finish and irritation-free comfort.
For hair free legs, armpits and bikini line, start a pre-shaving routine by gently exfoliating skin to buff and remove dead cells and help loosen any ingrowing hair. However in lieu of sugar scrubs and mechanical exfoliators (grit or beads varieties can exacerbate rashes and irritations on delicate skin), opt for Purity Paste for its creamy, smooth texture that cossets skin. This express treatment is designed to satisfy all face as well as body’s skin needs – making it our most versatile travel companion and a sustainable way to achieve radiant skin head to toe.
Purity Paste’s unique combination of kaolin, natural BHA and PHA acids (read more about the gentle acids used in our skincare here), and warming cedar micro-particles help to effectively re-texturise skin’s surface as well as work deeper inside pores, hence its creamy texture offers anti-inflammatory, frictionless exfoliation.
Apply the treatment mask liberally on damp skin, ideally after cleansing / showering, and massage in to loosen any debris, purify pores, and infuse skin with nourishing seed oils. Rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water, to remove all traces, and pop a few drops of omega-rich Merry-Berry Plump oil while still wet to instantly soothe skin and fill the senses with a luxurious, calming effect – without clogging pores.
Time to shave like a pro:
- Use sharp razor blades, rinse and change them frequently to ensure they’re clean, effective and bacteria free.
- We recommend a heavier handle shaver with blade head that does not tilt - so to ensure a closer contact with skin.
- Shave in 2-3 directions, up / down and across, as hairs tend to grow in irregular patterns.
- Hold skin whilst shaving, so it’s not slack and razor can glide easily.
- Avoid shaving on dry skin as it can cause razor burns and irritation – or worse nicks and cuts.
- Gently exfoliate the shaved areas with Purity Paste every other day post-shave to continuously remove dead skin cells and allow the hair to grow out easily – revealing soft, radiant skin daily.
Lastly, introduce a non-comedogenic lotion into your body routine as hydration and cell renewal are vital in having healthy, balanced skin – particularly in the dehydrating summer heat. Serenity Salve is infused with Hyaluronic Acid, Seaweed Proteins and Peptides that boost elastin and deliver skin that is well-hydrated and rejuvenated daily, and ultimate less sensitive.
Using body skincare essentials that not only resurface the skin, yet renew skin cells and deeply hydrate can help achieve a plethora of skin benefits – including smooth, calm skin that glows.
On another note...
Help shaved skin stay comfortable, fresh and friction free, with a free-flowing style. Hint: breeze through summer from coast to city. Explore via Well + Good.