Sunshine City Slickers
The end of summer and return to the urban city life can bring a sudden increase in free radicals exposure, post-sun skin conditions e.g. dark spots and dehydration, whilst heightened city stress causes more toxins to be released.
Although free radicals are produced naturally in the body and we can not “cure” their impact, there are some easy lifestyle adjustments that can help improve our coping mechanisms so to slow down and alleviate effects on our inner and outer health.
- Broad spectrum sunscreen to ward off UVA and UVB rays and to protect skin year round.
- Diet filled with colourful foods that are yellow and orange such as berries, bell peppers, carrots packed with beta-carotene, nuts, and dark leafy vegetables. We are big fans of Mediterranean and seasonal diets to ensure highest nutritional value at any time of year.
- Antioxidants on-skin application, to encourage the flow of blood (thereby stimulating skin cell regeneration), and effectively tackle inflammations, breakouts, dark spots, hyper-pigmentation and premature ageing.
Antioxidants we use in our skincare range:
- VITAMINS A, C AND E, a superlative cocktail to help diminish pigmentation and encourage cell renewal, balance oil production, and promote elastin formation.
- POLYPHENOLS, a gentler way to treat sun spots and smooth fine lines.
- ELLAGIC ACID, a naturally-approved alternative to hydroquinone for your brighter complexion – with no side effects.
- β-CAROTENE, precursor of vitamin A to help reduce flaking and restore suppleness with zero-irritation.
You can find all of these powerful antioxidants in our full spectrum oil, Merry-Berry Plump, which helps to brighten skin, treat blemishes and dark spots, and plump the parched summer skin. This concentrated berry-rich formula contains no fillers so to penetrate skin faster and effectively target free radicals, whilst you enjoy its silky texture and refreshing aroma. Suitable for face and body, and all skin types.
Lastly, the top layers of skin tend to feel dehydrated after summer, and city pollution can further block skin to cause congestion and inflammations.
Merry-Berry Plump helps to balance the skin so it feels comfortable and bouncy, thanks to an additional powerful duo of:
- EMOLLIENTS - and esters that hydrate, soften and smooth; they create a lipid barrier providing protection and moisture retention, dryness prone skin loves it!
- FATTY ACIDS - Omegas 3 and 6 and alpha linolenic acid, to keep the skin’s natural barrier supple, toned and firm. They enhance skin-hydration by sealing in the skin's moisture and reducing evaporation to the surrounding atmosphere.
Feel the luminous skin rush, come autumn and winter.
PS - the end of summer signals the start of blackberry picking season. We can’t get enough of these Blackberry ice cream sandwiches. Antioxidants never looked so delicious! Get the recipe here.